Hey everyone and thanks for stopping by. It was a great weekend for golf and I'm sure most of you found the time to watch a bit of the action. We've got a golf club roundup from the week so let's get to it!
We'll do this in point form…
– Titleist Golf had a solid weekend. Titleist golf balls were used by 55 players in the field (next closest competitor was 12). Titleist also lead the way in iron sets (17), sand, lob and approach wedges (69) and putters (31). FYI… the field at the event this year was 94 golfers.
– Nike Golf staffers finished 1,2 and 3. Trevor Immelman used a Nike SQ SUMO 5000 driver, CCi Cast irons, SV wedges, a SQ fairway, a SQ hybrid and a Nike Platinum ball. Immelman was joined in the top 3 by fellow Swoosh stars Tiger Woods and Stewart Cink.
– Trevor Immelman also used Grafalloy Epic shafts in his driver, fairway wood and hybrid.
– Speaking of shafts… Fujikura won the driver and wood shaft count for the week. This count includes hybrid shafts.
– For the first time in the history of the company, Adams Golf won the hybrid count at the Masters. Adams Golf accounted for over one-third of all hybrids used.
– We had a question about Jose Maria Olazabal and his apparent departure from MacGregor Golf. Olazabal currently doesn't have a golf club sponsor and is free to sign with whomever he likes. It looks like MacGregor has taken a step back from marketing their products on Tour as the company currently doesn't have any Tour talent under contract. Olazabal's MacGregor contract ran out at the end of 2007.
That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by. We've got a golf club review on deck for tomorrow so be sure to check it out.