Hey everyone. Hope you had a great weekend. I woke up really early to watch the Ryder Cup yesterday and I was totally burned out by noon. Sorry about the lack of a Sunday post… I must be getting old. Congrats to Darren Clarke and the rest of the European team!
I mentioned the Nike Juice 312 golf ball the other day and now the company has finally announced it’s arrival. The Juice is a 2-piece distance ball designed for mid to low swing speeds. Like other balls in the same category it features a low compression core and a mid price point. Watch for the Juice to hit stores November 1. Watch the Nike guys fire the Juice ball through random food (I’m serious) on the Nike website.
We got all sorts of Ryder Cup press releases so I thought I’d throw a few of them together and create a Ryder Cup equipment fast facts…
– 20 players used Champ spikes in their shoes
– Titleist was the #1 ball at the Ryder Cup with 15 players… the next closest had 4
– Over half of the players wore Footjoy shoes
– Both teams were outfitted with Seaforth rain hoods for their golf bags
– The European Team was outfitted with ProQuip rainwear
– Ian Woosnam and Padraig Harrington both wore Hi-Tec shoes from the company’s 2007 line
– Tom Lehman wore limited edition red, white and blue Adidas Tour 360 shoes
– Official car… BMW
– Official beer… Budweiser
– Official golf car… Club Car
A great weekend of golf! Thanks for stopping by and we’ll talk to you later!