Hey everyone and thanks for stopping by. I’m tired, hungry and short on time so I think we’ll do this in point form. I’ve got some Cleveland news, a weird yet fun rumor and a few other odds and ends. Let’s tee off… point form style!
– The Ogio Golf website has a little video on the new Ogio Shling. I haven’t had a chance to see the Shling in person but I can tell you that it will be available soon and it will be featured on two different bags… the Vision SS and the Flight SS. The Vision will be the higher priced of the two but that’s all I know for now. So what exactly is the Shling? It’s kind of hard to explain (you’re better off watching the video) but it’s a new strap design for carry bags. I’ll pass along more info as I get it.
– The stock shaft for the new Cleveland Hibore driver will called the Fujikura Hibore Silver. The Hibore will also be available with the Aldila NV65, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue and the UST Proforce V2 at no extra charge.
– Speaking of Cleveland Golf… there won’t be any custom options available in the new Launcher LP irons. These are designed to be more of an entry level club and most golfers that will buy them don’t need much custom work anyways.
– The Cobra Golf website now has more information on their staff players.
– Bite Golf has a cool idea to give customers the ultimate in comfort. Place an order for some Bite shoes, they’ll mail you a “Foot Impression Kit”, step in the foot pad, send the pad back to them and they’ll custom build you a footbed. Check out the Bite website for more details.
– Firethorn Golf has signed Mark Hensby and John Rollins to endorsement deals. Some great signings for a great clothing company.
– Feel Golf has announced that they will continue to offer 15% discounts to all U.S. military personnel. I think this is a great idea… maybe more companies should offer it.
– And finally… a strange rumor that I heard today. The rumor states that Callaway plans on selling Hogan Golf to MacGregor. They will then expand the Odyssey line to include things other than putters… more bags, more hats and even irons. I laughed when I heard this but I know our readers love rumors so there you go! Don’t get mad at me when it doesn’t happen but feel free to send me congratulatory gifts if it does!
That’s all for tonight. Thanks again for the emails and support. We’ll be back tomorrow so see you then!