It seems only fitting that I continue on my “On A Budget” posting binge with a look at some of the best fairway woods for the buck. There are some great fairway woods out there that are on the way out and now is a great time to add to the collection!
Let’s say we have a budget of $175.00 and we need a fairway wood…
1. Cleveland Launcher (Ti or Steel) – This club is the real deal and it’s being closed out at a great price. Most people shy away from titanium fairway woods because they are fairly expensive but this one is priced to sell. Not a fan of the feel and size of the titanium version? Try the stainless steel head.
2. TaylorMade V-Steel – One of the most popular TaylorMade fairway woods in recent history has taken a drop in price. The V-Steel has been a very popular choice for the low to mid handicapper because it is a solid combination of performance and feel.
3. Callaway Big Bertha – Callaway understands what makes a great fairway wood and the Big Bertha is one of their best. This club hits the ball high, is very forgiving and comes in a wide variety of lofts.
4. Cobra SZ – One of the most forgiving fairway woods on the market. This club is designed for the mid to high handicapper and comes in an offset version as well. Need a forgiving fairway wood? Better have a look at this one.
5. Nike T-60 – Might be the best deal of them all. Our testers loved this club and you will too. The tungsten weight plug creates a very low center of gravity and the increased perimeter weighting adds forgiveness. Popular with players of all abilities.
6. Innovex System RLS – This club has been my fairway wood of choice this summer. I can’t get over how long this thing is! There are somedays when I wonder why I even carry my driver. The thin steel face feels and performs like titanium.
7. Adams Ovation – This could be one of the easiest woods to hit off of the fairway and it has one of the lowest centers of gravity on the market. A better player might shy away from this wood because it hits the ball really high but it is a great fit for most golfers. Available in an offset head as well.
There are lots of great deals out there right now and golfers can really save some cash. Make sure you demo anything you buy and remember to think with your head… not your wallet. Good deals are great but there is no sense in buying something you don’t need or can’t hit! Happy hunting…
One more quick note from SirPutts and myself. Today (Tuesday) has been our busiest day ever and we want to thank everyone for stopping by. We have lots of fun doing this and days like today make us feel pretty good. Thanks to all!!