Miss us? Thought so. We’ve been busy guys over the past few days and I thought we should get a post up. We’re back in Vegas after our trip to Carlsbad… with a stop in San Diego to see the Chargers. Some TaylorMade odds and ends for you today… the TaylorMade rep dropped by the store and the boys called me with some news! Thanks to the guys back home!
– New R7 425 and R7 460 drivers will have Fujikura shafts. The 460CC will only have 2 weights but the 425CC will feature weight technology similar to the current R7.
– There will be an R7 XD iron and a R7 CGB iron coming as well. The XD will be like the current OS but will be at a higher price and will feature a bit more technology. The R7 CGB will replace… you guessed it… the CGB iron. The XD will have a titanium face too.
– Maxfli will have a Red Max ball… a new golf ball to go with the Black Max. The Red Max will be more of a distance ball though.
– There will also be a Maxfli Ice ball that will the company’s entry into the “Crystal ball” market. The Noodle line will be a bit different too… in hopes that it will be a bit less confusing for the consumer.
– The RAC Black TP wedges will be out right away… as early as next week.
– As mentioned a while back… there will be a stainless steel R7 fairway wood with movable weight technology. The R7 titanium wood is staying in the line.
– The V Steel will stick around for a bit longer but will be done early next year… they are basically letting their stock run out here.
– Watch for the current R5 driver to be done in the spring too… no word on a replacement.
That’s all for now… we’ll have a Callaway post tomorrow and then some stuff from the PGA Show in the days after. Goodbye from sunny Las Vegas!