Darren, Darren, Darren… tough break partner! It was painful to watch but that’s golf I guess. We’ll get ‘em next time!
We get lots of email and we try our best to get back to everyone. Instead of answering a few emails with bigger answers, I think I will just run the table and answer a whole bunch of them in point form. Ready? Go!
– Cleveland Halo Review – This will be reviewed in more detail once the new site is up but until then… one of the most underrated utility clubs on the market, mid to high ball flight, easy on the eye and decent stock shaft options. If you are in the market for a hybrid, keep the Halo in mind. I like it better than the LDI. Watch for a full review soon. Thanks for the email!
– Chad Campbell – No new news on his search for a club sponsor. It’s strange because he is the one holding things up.. he wants to make sure that he is comfortable with the equipment he chooses. I am still seeing Ping or Cleveland in his future. I will update you when I hear more.
– Someone asked about the retail price on Callaway X-Tours at my shop. We are at $999.99 U.S. which is pretty standard. We don’t make a whole lot on a set like the Callaway X-Tour but you need to stock it… people are crazy about it! Thanks for the email.
– We have had numerous emails raving about two different products. First up… the Titleist 905 driver. Our readers love it. I should rephrase that… our readers that can hit it love it. The 905 is easier to hit than the 983 but it is still far from the most forgiving driver out there. I don’t recommend it for most mid to high handicaps. Try it if you want… but only a decent ball striker will fully appreciate it. Most golfers would be far better off with the Cobra SZ, Callaway Big Bertha 454 or TaylorMade R5 Dual. The other product readers are raving about are the Grafalloy Blue shafts. I talked a bit about them yesterday but this is probably the best aftermarket shaft out there for the average player.
– We get the odd email about the Phil Mickelson gambling rumors. SirPuttsAlot and I have decided to take the high road here… we are not going to say anything. This site was created to help consumers make smart buying decisions… we try to avoid rumors like these. The guy is human… if he had/has a problem who cares? We don’t mind talking about the golf equipment he plays but that’s as far as we will go!
– A regular reader writes in with a quick review of the Maxfli Black Max golf ball. Just as long as the Pro V1 and great overall performance. I agree with the reader… the Black Max could do very well on Tour if they invested some money in getting guys to play it. I think they are setting the table for the reintroduction of a TaylorMade golf ball next year but that’s just me. Thanks for the email! P.S. to the author of the email (a PGA member)… are you going to the Vegas PGA Show? Let us know… we should probably play some golf if you are!
– Move over Forrest Gump… SirShanksAlot says: “Life is like a box of Dunlop Tour JD golf balls… you never know what you’re going to get.” What does it mean? Guess you’d better come back tomorrow!