Good evening everyone and thanks for stopping by! I've been hampered by some computer problems as of late so I must apologize for the lack of posts. We've a bunch of odds and ends to pass along so let's get to it…
I'll do this in point form… we've got lots to cover.
– Callaway Golf has signed Phil Mickelson to a new equipment deal. The details weren't released but it looks like it's a 5 year deal. Phil currently plays a full compliment of Callaway gear.
– I mentioned on our buzz last week that Greg Norman jumped ship from MacGregor and signed with TaylorMade. Looks like MacGregor is in a real slide right now… and it doesn't look like it will get any better. – Also joining TaylorMade is Rory Sabbatini. Among the TaylorMade clubs in Rory's bag are a R9 driver and matching fairway wood.
– Staying with TaylorMade… or at least a division of it, Ashworth has added to it's staff. The company has announced that Sean O'Hair, Charles Howell III and Ryan Palmer have joined such names at Fred Couples and Chris DiMarco.
– Cleveland Golf is doing some pretty cool stuff over at their site. I played around with their wedge fitting system tonight and also checked out their free airline ticket promotion . If I remember correctly… TaylorMade did something like this a few years ago.
– From the "Hey, I remember you…" file… say hello (again) to Slotline Putters. I came across these guys on Twitter last week. It's great to see a company like Slotline back in the mix. Check them out …
– Thanks to the folks at FindtheFairways.com for the mention a few weeks back.
– Thanks as well to Andy Brown for the new video on our frontpage. Check out more videos from Andy on his website .
– I think that's all for now. I'm going to go and do some online laptop shopping. A bit of housekeeping before I go. I found a bunch of unread reader email in our filter the other day. I'll get on these this week. If you're waiting on a reply, it will be coming soon. Some of them are from the start of March…. ooops. Also… if you're interested in getting involved in our Advisory Team for 2009 drop us a line. We're going to get things rolling this week. If you're a golf shop and want to get involved… drop us a line also. Talk to you later!